Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Circle of Germs

Today, I am home with another feverish sick pea, the middle one. One the positive side, he's not super sick. One the negative side, he's really too sick to be able to do much. So whatever this is has now made it through all of the family. I am STILL trying to get over it. The littlest pea it mostly better. The oldest pea still has somewhat of a cough, but he only had to say home for one day with a fever & sore throat. It didn't leave dad out this time either. Wade has it probably as bad as the littlest one did. His fever has been higher than the other two kids & I think he overall feels yuckier. Unfortunately he had no choice but to go to school today. He had to drive to Lawton to pick up nominations for the show goats & sheep as well, I think. Seems like every time that man gets sick there is something unavoidable that he has to do. HOWEVER, it saves him using sick days & he can supposedly trade them in to retire a year or so early if he accumulates enough. But, it's hard on him now. At least fall break is this weekend & everyone has 4 days to recover. We have no plans except for working on the house. Looks like I may be working on the house while the kids actually get some time to play & Wade tries to recover.

I found a miracle tanner over the weekend. It will darken your skin to pecan color & not come off! We have 5 pecan trees, one of which is shedding nuts right now. So, over the weekend we started collecting them. Some of them didn't want to quite turn loose of the pods so I would pull them out. The pods that surround the nuts have this moisture to them that will stain your skin. My fingers look like I've been staining wood & although I've washed them so many times, it's not going anywhere!

What else interesting....oh, the middle pea & I watched the garbage truck. He thought it was pretty cool & I have to say I agree. I've never seen one of the trucks use the grabber claw until we moved here. We also joined a church this weekend. We have a long way to go to attend though. It's right behind the house. I really like it. They are a old fashioned church, sing the old hymns, preach out of the traditional non-modernized language Bible. I'm excited we are there.

I suppose I'd better close this....Wade just called & I'm going to see how he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment