Monday, September 24, 2012

Me & Pukey McGee

So, I know it's been forever since I put ANYTHING on here, but I guess now is as good of a time as any. We've had so many changes going on around here, my head is spinning: job changes, buying a house, moving, kids changing school situations. Let me tell you, we have a whole lot more stuff now than we did the last time we moved, 10 years ago, including:2 more kids & all their stuff, real furniture - not just stuff to start out with, and more critters. And since our bank dragged their feet we had to do it all the weekend before school started! Let's just say trying to put our new house together is going slow...or should I say at a standstill! It's been sad for me in a lot of ways. I've had times in my life where it felt like it was a new chapter, but this feels like a new volume & my hand is still on the last page while someone slams the book cover over & over trying to get me to move on. That new blank volume is pretty scary though! Where we were before felt like home, or the closest thing I've really had to one. I had lived there in one place twice as long as anywhere else.

It's also been hard because I lost my 2nd Mom. A dear lady that I've known for 20 years or so passed away in July. She'd been fighting so hard to overcome the Leukemia, but in the end, that's not what overtook her. She's such an amazing person & I just can't believe that she's not on this Earth anymore. I love her so much & pray for her family every night still. But I know there's a reason & a season, although it's hard for us mere imperfect mortals to accept.

Since my husband started a new teaching job in a new school system, we enrolled the peas into "regular" school. I've loved having them home with me, but as a mom I knew it was time for at least the oldest to venture into the regular school stream. The other two, I'm not so sure, but we went ahead & gave it a shot. The oldest loves it, the other two, not nearly as much. The middle pea is getting use to it finally, and the youngest still says he hates it because he misses me all day & school is too long.

Well, I guess he's going to have a better day today despite him being sick, because it's me & Pukey McGee at home today. Yep, he's yakking everywhere. Poor thing has a cold & every time he starts coughing he looses his lunch or dinner or breakfast everywhere because his tummy is so full of drainage. Let's just say, I am ready to resign as mom/maid for the day if I have to clean up anymore. At least we no longer have carpet for him to vomit on, but hardwood & linoleum sure splatter....everywhere! I didn't know you could get that kind of radius from only 4 foot-ish off the ground. Oh, and to make the day even more fun....more puke from the cats...hairballs with extra vomit!

Last night wasn't much better either. We left Friday night to go to the state fair. Wade took the boys & went ahead & I waited until the dryer was finished & left about an hour and a half later. I finally got to the room about midnight. Saturday went by fairly uneventful, except dealing with all the crazies. That is what I dislike most about the fair...give someone a little authority who's not use to it & they think they run everything! Sunday, the oldest showed his doe. It was her last show, now she'll be retired & hopefully have some kids. Afterwards we looked through the exhibits & I wanted to take the kids on the Ferris Wheel. Well, a nice young lady & guy gave us some tickets that they were given from work, so we took them on several other rides too. I think I was the only one not afraid on the Ferris Wheel. The then went through the Fun House, really loving the hall of mirrors. Afterwards we went on the Scrambler & the Himalaya. The youngest pea was really not digging that at all. The older two rode the swings & then we all took a turn on the bumper cars. I was so surprised that the oldest held down his lunch. I mean, he got sick on a tire swing at the park a few months back. Anyway, we were headed home on the 3 hour drive from OKC, 30 minutes from the house and the middle pea gets an upset stomach. Lets just say I'm glad we had packed extra clothes in the suitcase & I don't enjoy cleaning Walmart's floor.

Wish me luck friends...I am off to get dressed so I can load Pukey into the car & get dog food (of course we're completely out) & pick up the other two peas. Normally their dad would bring them home, but wonderful timing of germs, he has meetings tonight & won't be home until 8 or 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment